Registered Psychologist (B.A Psy; Hons) PSY0002076798
My aim as a Psychologist is to ensure you feel completely comfortable in taking the first step to seeking support.
Maybe you’re at a crossroads in your relationship, perhaps you are struggling with your mental health or maybe you just need a safe space to chat to someone who is completely objective.
Therapy can seem somewhat clinical, so it’s is my priority to ensure you feel safe by providing a warm, confidential and judgement free space for you.
I often work in a cognitive-behavioural framework to fully understand how your thoughts, feelings and behaviours are intertwined. So simply put, I work to uncover what’s going on in your mind, and how this impacts on your everyday life, whether it be how you view yourself, or how your thoughts and behaviours may be impacting your mental health, relationships and overall well being. I also advocate for a holistic approach to mental health, such as recognising the importance of all areas of your life ( relationships, work life balance, sleep, diet, exercise).
Areas of experience:
- Anxiety disorders (Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety)
- Body and self-esteem (low self-confidence, negative self-talk, low body and self-esteem)
- Mood disorders (Depression, Dsythmia)
- Personality Disorders (Obsessive Compulsive, Borderline Personality Disorder)
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders (ADHD, Intellectual Disability, ASD)
- Relationship support/ family conflict
- Bereavement/ Grief + Loss
- Parenting support
- Goal setting
If you’re looking for support for any of the aforementioned concerns or perhaps you just need a listening ear, then I would love to support you in this step. I know that seeing a Psychologist can be really daunting and can sometimes seem very clinical. I promise you won’t be laying on any couches in my sessions (unless you want to!).
- I spend the time getting to know you, understanding your passions, your strengths, what drives you, your goals and exploring things you would like to change.
- I take therapy at your pace, however slowly or quickly you would like to go.
- I believe that our thoughts, feelings and behaviours are linked to both our biological make-up and environmental frameworks and work to explore these with you, so I get a vibrant picture of how you came to be uniquely you!
- I believe at looking at the ‘whole picture’ to gain an accurate assessment and counselling plan, this may include things such as; your history including your childhood, lived experience of trauma, your relations with those around you, your motivations, your physical and spiritual health and your current situation.
What about when I’m not with clients?
There’s nothing I love more than a Sunday morning oat milk latte and stroll along the beach, sounds so cliché (I know), but that is one of my favourite kind of therapy.
I also LOVE bushwalks, nature, 70’s music, choc-chip cookies, yoga and of course, Netflix and Thai to recharge the batteries.
I live with my fiancé, Josh and my adopted koala, Allen.
Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness based Cognitive Theory, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Strengths Based Therapy (Humanistic Therapy), Motivational Interviewing, Psychodynamic and Psychoanalytic Therapy, Biopsychosocial Therapy, Behaviour Analysis, Family Systems Therapy.
I am a registered under the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA).
Registered Psychotherapist (B. A Psych, MPsychother & Couns)
Hello, my name is Aimee and as a registered psychotherapist, I have a passion and commitment in assisting you understand how you came to be “you”.
My aim as a clinician, is to help alleviate emotional pain and confusion by providing a warm, safe, non-judgemental, and trusting environment to explore what I might meet you with: relationship breakdown, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, stress, burnout, loneliness, anger, abuse from others, self-abuse, inner critic and sense of self, body image.
I might meet you with feelings of uncertainty around ambitions + achievements, feeling stuck, lost, overwhelmed or unsatisfied and unfulfilled.
I might meet you with stories of trauma, which can change how we relate to others and impact future relationships impeding on our daily life. As a trauma-informed clinician I hold your hand through deep exploration of unresolved conflicts that may be manifesting from past relationships and/or experiences from childhood.
Creating a space to heal and develop understanding and acceptance of self, is what inspires me in working alongside people. I am eager to explore how you feel and see the world with sensitivity, warmth and understanding in our confidential online space.
My work with clients is largely informed by neuroscience and attachment theory to provide you with compassionate, evidence-based and individualised therapeutic change.
- I work holistically assessing you as a whole person, not just your symptoms or diagnosis.
- I’m skilled in short, to long term psychodynamic psychotherapy – our feelings, motives, behaviours, and decisions are powerfully influenced by our past experiences.
- Attachment theory: develop a deep understanding of how major figures in your life impact how you relate to others + how you invite others to relate to you – allows you to heal, rebuild trust, develop insights, awareness and self-reflection.
- Person-centered: empathic listening process where you are heard + understood before any intervention is made. Intervention is authentic + congruent with the where I meet you.
Whether you are going through a difficult life change, suffering with challenging emotions, or you are just finding it hard to enjoy life right now, I would love to provide a supportive role and instruments for healing past wounds as you develop new ways of being with yourself and others.
Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Analytically Oriented Psychotherapy, Relational Psychotherapy,Rogerian Client-Centred Counselling, Self Psychology, Systems Theory Whole-Person Focused, Attachment Theory, Schema therapy, Couples Counselling, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness and Relaxation, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Internal Family Systems Therapy.
I am a member of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA). PACFA has rigorous membership and professional development requirements.