Registered Psychologist (B.A Psy; Hons) PSY0002076798
Hi there, I am Kat.
I am a Psychologist who is so, SO passionate about my work.
My aim as a therapist is to ensure you feel completely comfortable in taking the first step to seeking support, I have been told I have a gentle, warm and compassionate approach.
Maybe you’re at a crossroads in your relationship, perhaps you are struggling with your mental health or maybe you just need a safe space to chat to someone who is completely objective. Therapy can seem somewhat clinical, so it’s is my priority to ensure you feel safe by providing a warm, confidential and judgement-free space for you.
I often work in a cognitive-behavioural and psychodynamic framework to fully understand how your thoughts, feelings and behaviours are intertwined. Simply put, I work to uncover what’s going on in your mind, and how this impacts on your everyday life, whether it be how you view yourself, or how your thoughts and behaviours may be impacting your mental health, relationships and overall well being. I also advocate for a holistic approach to mental health, such as recognising the importance of all areas of your life (relationships, work life balance, sleep, diet, exercise).
Areas of experience/ passion:
- Anxiety disorders (Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety)
- Body and self-esteem (self-confidence, body -esteem and self-esteem concerns)
- Stress/ Burnout
- Mood disorders (Depression, Dsythmia)
- Personality Disorders (Obsessive Compulsive, Borderline Personality Disorder)
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders (ADHD, Intellectual Disability, ASD)
- Relationship support/ family conflict
- Bereavement/ Grief + Loss
- Parenting support
- Goal setting
If you’re looking for support for any of the aforementioned concerns or perhaps you just need a listening ear, then I would love to support you in this step. I know that seeing a Psychologist can be really daunting and can sometimes seem very clinical. I promise you won’t be laying on any couches in my sessions (unless you want to!).
- I spend the time getting to know you, understanding your passions, your strengths, what drives you, your goals and exploring things you would like to change.
- I take therapy at your pace, however slowly or quickly you would like to go.
- I believe that our thoughts, feelings and behaviours are linked to both our biological make-up and environmental frameworks and work to explore these with you, so I get a vibrant picture of how you came to be uniquely you!
- I believe at looking at the ‘whole picture’ to gain an accurate assessment and counselling plan, this may include things such as; your history including your childhood, lived experience of trauma, your relations with those around you, your motivations, your physical and spiritual health and your current situation.
What about when I’m not with clients?
There’s nothing I love more than a Sunday morning oat milk latte and stroll along the beach, sounds so cliché (I know), but that is one of my favourite kind of therapy.
I also LOVE bushwalks, nature, 70’s music, choc-chip cookies, yoga and of course, Netflix and Thai to recharge the batteries.
I live with my fiancé, Josh and my adopted koala, Allen.
Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness based Cognitive Theory, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Strengths Based Therapy (Humanistic Therapy), Motivational Interviewing, Psychodynamic and Psychoanalytic Therapy, Biopsychosocial Therapy, Behaviour Analysis, Family Systems Therapy.
I am registered under the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA).
Registered Psychotherapist (B. A Psych, MPsychother & Couns)
I have a passion and commitment in assisting you understand how you came to be “you”.
My aim as a therapist is to build a safe place for change. In other words, as a trauma-informed clinician, I hold your hand through deep exploration of unresolved conflicts that may be manifesting from past relationships and/or experiences from childhood.
There is equal parts vulnerability and bravery in deciding to seek psychological support. I am eager to honour and explore your story with sensitivity, warmth and without judgment, in our confidential online space.
I have experience in working with children, young people and adults with complex trauma, relationship concerns, depression, anxiety, grief/loss. In addition, my work with clients is largely informed by neuroscience and attachment theory to provide you with compassionate, evidence-based and individualised therapeutic change. With this in mind, I might meet you with:
- trauma + complex trauma
- relationship concerns (family/friends/partner/food/exercise)
- couples counselling
- parenting skills
- coping skills (recurring patterns/ defense mechanisms)
- emotional disturbance
- self: body image, self-esteem, inner critic + sense of self
- loss, grief, letting go
- sleep issues/ insomnia
- feelings of uncertainty around ambitions + achievements (feeling stuck, lost, pressure, overwhelmed or unsatisfied and unfulfilled)
Creating a healing space to develop unconditional acceptance of self, is what inspires me in working alongside people.
- I work holistically assessing you as a whole person, not just your symptoms or diagnosis: awareness of the self in the context of the whole.
- I’m skilled in short, to long term psychodynamic psychotherapy – our feelings, motives, behaviours, and decisions are powerfully influenced by our past experiences.
- Attachment theory: develop a deep understanding of how major figures in your life impact how you relate to others + how you invite others to relate to you – allows you to heal, rebuild trust, develop insights, awareness and self-reflection.
- Person-centered: empathic listening process where you being heard + understood is the utmost importance. Therapy is authentic + aligned with the where I meet you.
Above all, I would love to provide you with the support and instruments needed to create change, as you develop new ways of being with yourself and others.
Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Analytically Oriented Psychotherapy, Relational Psychotherapy,Rogerian Client-Centred Counselling, Systems Theory Whole-Person Focused, Attachment Theory, Schema therapy, Couples Counselling, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness and Relaxation, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Internal Family Systems Therapy.
I am a member of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA). PACFA has rigorous membership and professional development requirements.